We've all been there. Before every appointment we've ever walked into, we first had to take a seat in the waiting room. I am not sure about you, but I have been in a lot of those. Depending on certain situations in your life, you may have sat in more waiting rooms than you ever would have imagined. Yet there are certain things that I have noticed.
1. Waiting rooms can be uninteresting and boring.
2. They are filled with material items to help pass the time.
3. Time always seems to go by super slow.
4. They are temporary.
Taking a seat in the waiting room before the actual appointment is not your final destination. You are there, being held, before your appointed time. Then when you are finally called, you enter through the door and now you have stepped into the actual reason why you showed up in the first place.
Life is kind of like that, isn't it?
There are times in our lives when we know God has called us someplace, He has set that appointment for us, but before we can enter through that new door, we must wait. My question to you is this...
What do you do while you're waiting?
I like to sit in these waiting rooms and watch people. Ok, I know that sounds kind of creepy (haha) but stick with me, I'm going somewhere with this.
I like to sit in these waiting rooms and I enjoy observing how people choose to use the waiting. You see, I grew up in a generation where we didn't have iPads and iPhones to pass the time. Instead, whatever the waiting room provided, that is what we used to occupy ourselves. Magazines, televisions, puzzles, toys, making conversations with others, etc...whatever you enjoyed, that is what you chose. Now a days, you sit in a waiting room and everyone is glued to their phones and tablets. Who knows what they are looking at, but it has their attention. If you are a people person like me, forget about starting a conversation with a stranger to pass the time, this is a rarity now a days.
Maybe you find yourself in a waiting room right now.
You know the promise God has provided, yet the door hasn't been opened for you to walk through yet. What are you choosing to do to pass the time?
The way you spend your "waiting" says a lot about who you are.
Choose to spend your time wisely.
Choose to spend your time honoring God.
Psalm 27:14 - Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.
Below I have listed some ideas to help you conquer this season of waiting.
Enjoy, and get ready:
The season of waiting is just that: A Season.
3 Ways to Conquer Your Season
1. Get in the Word: Invest in something that promises an eternal reward. No time spent in the Word of God is ever wasted time.
2. Start Preparing: What is it that you are waiting for?
- A Job? - Start your resume!
- A Spouse? - Pray for them daily!
- A Pregnancy? - Prepare the nursery!
- A Financial breakthrough? Sow into the Kingdom!
Start lining things up in your life right now so that when the waiting season is over, you are READY!
3. Pray - This is self explanatory. It says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to pray without ceasing. This means your prayers have no finish line! You keep praying, asking, believing, and calling forth what you know is already yours by faith and by the Word!
Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
We're in this together,